Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Te 47 - explores the importance of keeping a clear head and opening the heart to compassionate action while getting to know yourself
Tao # 47 / inside
There is no need to open your door
just open your heart
you do not have to travel
anywhere to start
you are here right now
the only window necessary
is the one into your soul
which links your very essence
to understanding the whole
don't clutter your mind
it only makes you blind
to the truth
get to know yourself
this is the task at hand
and like the sage
you will arrive without leaving
you will see the light without looking
you will accomplish all things
- Why is it important to realize that you don't need to go anywhere?
- What is often thought of as the window of the soul?
- Why would this be important to this Tao?
- What is dogma?
- Why is important to avoid cluttering your mind with it?
- Why is important to know yourself?
- Where does the phrase "know thyself and to thine own self be true" come from?
- How can you arrive without leaving?
- How can you see the light without looking?
- How can your accomplish all things without doing anything?
- What accomplishes all things without effort every day?